Another awesome giveaway (lots of swag and gift cards) featuring author Nichole Giles and her YA Fantasy - Descendant
Our guest author today is Nichole Giles, author of Descendant, a Young Adult Fantasy. Today I will share a description of Descendant, a short excerpt from Descendant, some interesting facts about Descendant's author, and then a Rafflecopter giveaway. Nichole is offering a grand prize pack that includes a print copy of DESCENDANT, a signed poster and bookmark, a wrist band, DESCENDANT lip balm, and a healing crystal AND a $20 Amazon gift card.Then Nichole is also giving away another 1st edition print copy of DESCENDANT and three e-book copies (which will be the new version with the bonus material).
And once Nichole passes 100 entries, she will add another $20 gift card to the giveaway list, and after 50 more, another one, and so on for every 50 entries thereafter. So after you're done reading about Descendant and its author, don't forget to enter the giveaway at the bottom of the page. Good Luck, and as always...
The short excerpt from Descendant:
In this scene, Kye and Abby have come looking for a man who can tell them more about the missing Arawn Keys (ancient artifacts thought to be used to seal an entire community of demons in an underground prison) and what those Keys have to do with them. They have already faced a number of frightening, evil situations, and are feeling cautious about this one as well. They’re short on time, but have just discovered that they’re in the right place.
“Let’s find this guy so we can get out of here.” Kye pulls me up and keeps my hand in his as we head back through the casino to the front lobby. The lady at the information desk frowns when Kye asks for Juri but doesn’t know if it’s his first name or his last. She picks up her phone receiver and turns her back on us, speaking in a hushed voice. Facing us again, she gestures at a security guard. “Walt will take you to Mr. Juri’s office.”
Walt, a big guy in a scary-looking uniform, eyes us up and down, causing my heart to pound in apprehension. No turning back now. We follow him down the same hall we explored a few minutes ago, but this time a cloud of dark energy looms, threatening to overwhelm me. The lights flicker and dim.
I squeeze Kye’s hand until my fingers ache, trying to tell him something’s not right. He squeezes back. He feels it too.
Walt opens the enormous door, and terror slams into me as I’m met with a pair of familiar cat-like yellow eyes. I know this man. I remember seeing him the night Gram died. His eyes bore into me and I feel an evil kind of heat in him. The blood drains from my face and the air backs up in my lungs. Kye squeezes my hand. “Abby?”
“It’s him,” I whisper. “I know him.”
The man shakes his head. “Can I help you?”
Kye’s muscles go rigid and he pulls me close with a protective arm. “Mr. Juri? Landon Akers sent us.”
Ten Things You Didn’t Know about Nichole Giles
1. When I was in high school, drama was my favorite class, and I was somehow involved in every play possible.
2. I once fell off a stage in a pitch-black theater, because I couldn’t see and I wasn’t supposed to be in there. This resulted in a severely sprained ankle.
3. One of my favorite places in the world to spend time is on the beach.
4. I once petted a shark, fed a sea lion, swam with a dolphin, and kissed a sting ray- but not all on the same day.
5. My favorite candy of all time ping-pongs between Kookaburra licorice and Black Forest Gummies.
6. When given a choice between any dessert, I will almost always choose cheesecake.
7. My all-time favorite food in the world is steamed snow crab (warm, not chilled).
8. I didn’t start writing novels until the year I turned 30.
9. Aside from hitting the major bestseller lists, one of my biggest goals in life is to travel the world.
10. As of the date this list is posted, I am currently a parent to four teenage people, two teenage dogs, one almost teenage rabbit, and a tiny baby kitten. Oh, and also a tank full of fish.
Behind the Scenes of Descendant
(Done as a list in order to keep it shorter than the novel itself!)
1. Much cheering on the day Rhemalda publishing offered me a publishing contract for DESCENDANT.
2. Frantic panicking when, a month later, my husband got a job 1500 miles away, and we decided to move our whole life from Utah to Texas.
3. Giddy jubilation when Rhett Hoffmeister and I collaborated to work up cover concepts and turn them over to Melissa Williams for final design.
4. Blind freak out when edits came a month later than expected and we (me, editor Diane, and company VP Emmaline) went sleepless for four days as we pounded out copy edits in time for me to go on a spring break trip with my family. (They were definite troopers!)
5. Surreal heart-throbbing happiness when my author copies arrived, and days later, bookmarks and posters.
6. Shoulder-tightening nerves when the first reviews rolled in.
7. Face-hurting grinning when the reviews were highly positive.
A little more about the author that you might want to know:
Nichole Giles had early career plans that included becoming an actress or a rockstar, but she decided instead to have a family and then become a writer.
She was born in Nevada, the oldest of seven—a number which increased to eleven with the addition of four step brothers—and has lived in Utah, Nevada, Arizona, and South Texas.
Her future aspirations include owning a home on a tropical island, even if it's just a vacation home. For now, she plans to travel to as many tropical locations as possible, scouting for her future paradise.
Currently, she lives with her husband, one of her two sons (the other is in college), two daughters, two golden retrievers, and one lucky bunny rabbit.
Writing is her passion, but she also loves to spend time with her family, travel to exotic destinations, drive in the rain with her convertible top down, and play music at full volume so she can sing along.
To find Nichole online